Claims against Insurance Brokers and/or Agents
- Personal Injury Matters
- Property Insurance Claims
- Broken Pipe Claims
- Fire Claims
- Flood Claims
- Hail Claims
- Hurricane Claims
- Mold Claims
- Roof Leak Claims
- Sinkhole Claims
- Storm Claims
- Tornado Claims
- Vandalism and Theft Claims
- Water Claims
- Wind Claims
- Loss of Business Income Claims
- Extra Expense Claims
- Commercial Property Insurance Claims
- Supplemental/Re-opened Property Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance Claims
- Property Damage Claims
- Collection Matters
- Criminal Defense Matters
- Traffic Offenses (including speeding tickets)
- Claims against Insurance Brokers and/or Agents
- Medical Malpractice Claims
- Nursing Home Claims and Elderly Abuse Claims
- Matters involving Contract Disputes
- Reviewing and Drafting Contracts
Insurance brokers and agents can be helpful in determining the proper insurance for your assets. In doing so, they often review the type of coverage available and the amount of insurance that is needed and adequate. Once these initial issues are discussed, evaluated, and otherwise reviewed, the broker or agent procures the insurance.
Unfortunately, there are times when these professionals fail to procure the requested coverage. When this occurs, the insured is faced with uninsured losses, which can be devastating to an insured. It could cause an individual to incur significant debt or perhaps cause a company to go out of business. In either event, if there was a failure on the part of the broker or agent which caused the insured to suffer uninsured losses, the broker or agent should be held accountable for the losses.
If you believe that an insurance broker or agent has caused you to suffer uninsured losses, or caused your policy to be voided, call The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke today.
Things to Do If You Believe an Insurance Broker or Agent has Caused You Damages
- If you suffered a loss, carefully document and photograph your losses.
- Report your claim to your insurance company (even it its representatives claim that you have no coverage).
- Attempt to collect and preserve all documents that you provided to the insurance broker or agent prior to and after obtaining coverage.
- Attempt to collect and preserve all documents that the insurance broker or agent provided to you prior to and after obtaining coverage.
- Cooperate with the local authorities and other first responders if they are needed to help with your loss.
- Cooperate with your insurer and its representatives after the loss (event it your insurance company’s representatives claim that you have no coverage).
- Do not make statements that are outside of your expertise.
- If a person or people were responsible for your losses, get the name, address, telephone number, and insurance information of such persons.
- Record the name, address, and telephone number for any representative you communicated with at the insurance broker or agent’s company.
- Record any statements told to you by any representative you communicated with at the insurance broker or agent’s company.
- Do not provide a written or oral statement to any representative of the insurance broker or agent’s company.
- Do not sign any documents related to your losses unless they are from the local authorities, your attorney, or your insurer.
- If a representative of the insurance broker or agent’s company calls you, do not talk to him or her. Rather, refer that person to your attorney.
How The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke can Help You with Your Claim Against an Insurance Broker or Agent
Once you retain us to serve as your attorneys for your claim against an insurance broker or agent, we will seek to obtain compensation for your losses. In doing so, we will fully investigate and otherwise work on your claim by doing the following:
- Evaluating your losses.
- Collecting and reviewing all related documents (and evidence), including all correspondences between you and the insurance broker or agent.
- Identifying all parties that may be liable for your losses.
- Identifying witnesses and taking statements.
- Securing and seeking to preserve any evidence that may be destroyed or lost.
- Working closely with various experts or consultants.
- Speaking or otherwise negotiating with representatives from the insurance company for the insurance broker or agent.
- Preparing and sending a demand to the insurance broker or agent or his or her insurer.
We may also seek opinions from consultants and/or experts regarding the standard of care of the insurance broker or agent involved in the matter, and the assessment and quantification of damages.
Each case is different, however, and other experts or consultants may be needed.
Have You Sustained Losses or Damages as a Result of, Insurance Broker or Agent?
Call The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke today for a free consultation regarding your claim against an insurance broker or agent. If you are unable to come to our office, we will come to see you.
Other Legal Matters Handled by The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke
In addition to h claims against insurance brokers and insurance agents, The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke handles other legal matters including: personal injury matters (including, but not limited to, truck crash claims, automobile accident claims, motorcycle wreck claims, boating collision claims, claims against cruise lines, premises liability claims, slip and fall accident claims, negligent security claims, dog bite claims, and defective products claims), property insurance claims – both residential and commercial – and inception claims, and supplemental and re-open claims (including, but not limited, broken pipe claims, fire claims, flood claims, hail claims, hurricane claims, mold claims, roof leak claims, sinkhole claims, storm claims, tornado claims, vandalism and theft claims, water claims, wind claims, loss of business income claims, and extra expense claims), bad faith insurance claims, property damage claims, collection matters, criminal defense matters, traffic offenses (including speeding tickets), medical malpractice claims, nursing home claims and elderly abuse claims, and matters involving contract disputes. We also assist clients with reviewing and drafting contracts. If your legal issue or matter is not listed above, please contact us. We may be able to help.