Claims Against Cruise lines
How The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke can Help You with Your Cruise Ship Accident Claim
Once you retain us to serve as your attorneys for your cruise ship accident claim, we will seek to obtain compensation for your losses, which may include:
- past and future medical expenses related to the injuries you sustained in your cruise ship accident; and
- past and future lost wages associated with your cruise ship accident; and
- past and future pain and suffering from the injuries you sustained in the cruise ship accident.
Things to Do After an Accident on a Cruise Ship
Here are some things you should keep in mind after you are involved in an accident on a cruise ship.
- Make your safety and the safety of others your first priority.
- Report the accident or incident to the cruise line.
- Request a copy of any incident or accident report that is created as a result of the accident.
- Seek medical assistance, if needed.
- Do not make statements that are outside of your expertise.
- Take photographs of the accident scene.
- Take photographs of your injuries.
- Get the name, address, and telephone number for any people who witnessed the accident.
- Do not provide a written statement to the cruise line.
- Do not sign any documents related to the accident unless they are from the local authorities, your attorney, your insurer, or your medical providers.
- Preserve the photographs you took and the documentation you acquired related to your accident. You will want to share those articles with your attorneys.
- If a representative of the cruise line calls you after the cruise has ended, do not talk to him or her. Rather, refer that person to your attorney.
We will attempt to secure a recovery for you from the cruise line.
In doing so, we will fully investigate and otherwise work on your claim by doing the following:
- Obtaining all accident and incident reports.
- Inspecting the site of the accident.
- Identifying witnesses and taking their statements.
- Securing and seeking to preserve any evidence that may be destroyed or lost.
- Collecting any and all photographs of the scene of the accident.
- Working closely with various experts or consultants.
- Speaking or otherwise negotiating with representatives from the cruise lines.
- Obtaining all of your medical records and bills.
- Preparing and sending a demand to the cruise line.
- Attempting to settle your cruise line accident claim on favorable terms.
- If necessary, filing a lawsuit against the cruise line.
We may also seek opinions from consultants and/or experts regarding:
- How the accident occurred, what caused the accident, etc.
- Your medical issues, including the injuries you sustained, the severity of your injuries, whether your medical care after the accident was reasonable and necessary, what type of medical care you will need in the future, etc.
- Issues related to your lost wages and ability to work in the future, and in what capacity.
- Issues related to quantification of your damages.
Each case is different, however, and other experts or consultants may be needed.
Have You Been Injured in an Accident on a Cruise Ship?
Call The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke today for a free consultation regarding your cruise ship accident claim. If you are injured and unable to come to our office, we will come to see you.
Other Legal Matters Handled by The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke
In addition to claims against cruise lines, The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke handles other legal matters including: personal injury matters (including, but not limited to, truck crash claims, automobile accident claims, motorcycle wreck claims, boating collision claims, premises liability claims, slip and fall accident claims, negligent security claims, dog bite claims, and defective products claims), property insurance claims – both residential and commercial – and inception claims, and supplemental and re-open claims (including, but not limited, broken pipe claims, fire claims, flood claims, hail claims, hurricane claims, mold claims, roof leak claims, sinkhole claims, storm claims, tornado claims, vandalism and theft claims, water claims, wind claims, loss of business income claims, and extra expense claims), bad faith insurance claims, property damage claims, collection matters, criminal defense matters, traffic offenses (including speeding tickets), claims against insurance brokers and/or agents, medical malpractice claims, nursing home claims and elderly abuse claims, and matters involving contract disputes. We also assist clients with reviewing and drafting contracts. If your legal issue or matter is not listed above, please contact us. We may be able to help.