Third Party Property Damage Claims

There are times when your property may become damaged due to the fault of another.  When that happens and you have no insurance covering your property, you will need to hold the at-fault party responsible for the loss.  Sometimes the at-fault party has insurance and depending on the circumstances, such insurance may provide coverage for your losses.  Additionally, the at-fault party may have the financial wherewithal or assets to compensate you for your losses.  In either event, these types of claims can be complex due to the fact that liability is an issue, which may implicate complicated insurance issues.  Consequently, it is advisable to engage a knowledgeable attorney to seek recovery for your losses.

Naturally, the scope and amount of damages are other aspects of the loss that will need to be evaluated.  These issues will often require the professional services of an estimator, adjuster, or general contractor so that based on the scope of the loss, the damages can be quantified.

After the loss, it is important to report the loss to the party who caused the damage.  This is important because that party may have insurance that may cover the loss, and the subject insurance policy probably requires prompt reporting of any claims and losses.  You should also undertake efforts to attempt to prevent further damage to your property.  You should refrain from doing permanent repairs until the at-fault party or his, her, their, or its insurer is able to inspect the loss.

Things to Do After Your Uninsured Property Sustains Damage Due to the Fault of Another

  • Promptly report the loss to the party who caused the damage.
  • Request for that party to provide relevant insurance information.
  • Protect your property from further loss or damage.
  • Take photographs and/or video of the damage to the property.
  • Show the property to the at-fault insured’s insurance company.
  • Keep accurate records of expenditures for repairs to the damaged property.

If you are confused or have questions regarding these matters, call The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke at 305-669-0281.

How The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke can Help You with Your Property Damage Claim

Our office helps homeowners and business owners in all phases of Property Damage Claims.  We assist individuals and business owners with the following.

  • Reporting losses parties that caused the damage and establishing insurance claims with the at-fault parties’ insurer.
  • Coordinating and if needed, attending inspections of properties.
  • Gathering, compiling, and submitting documents to the at-fault parties and related insurers substantiating losses and repairs.
  • Attending and protecting the interests of insureds during statements taken by at-fault parties or related insurers.
  • Working with other professionals to determine liability, and damages issues.
  • Attending and protecting the interests of insureds during pre-suit mediations.
  • Assisting insureds settle their property damage claims.  Litigation is not always necessary.  When possible, we attempt to secure a fair settlement on behalf of our clients.  This often involves a sophisticated process of negotiation with the at-fault party or the related insurance company and its adjusters and/or attorneys.
  • Litigating property damage claims.  At times, it is necessary to initiate a lawsuit against the party that caused the damage to your property.

Has Your Uninsured Property Sustained Damage Due to the Fault of Another?

Call The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke today for a free consultation regarding your property damage claim.  If you are unable to come to our office, we will come to see you.

Other Legal Matters Handled by The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke

In addition to property damage claims, The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke handles other legal matters including: personal injury matters (including, but not limited to, truck crash claims, automobile accident claims, motorcycle wreck claims, boating collision claims, claims against cruise lines, premises liability claims, slip and fall accident claims, negligent security claims, dog bite claims, and defective products claims), property insurance claims – both residential and commercial – and inception claims, and supplemental and re-open claims (including, but not limited, broken pipe claims, fire claims, flood claims, hail claims, hurricane claims, mold claims, roof leak claims, sinkhole claims, storm claims, tornado claims, vandalism and theft claims, water claims, wind claims, loss of business income claims, and extra expense claims), bad faith insurance claims, collection matters, criminal defense matters, traffic offenses (including speeding tickets), claims against insurance brokers and/or agents, medical malpractice claims, nursing home claims and elderly abuse claims, and matters involving contract disputes.  We also assist clients with reviewing and drafting contracts.  If your legal issue or matter is not listed above, please contact us.  We may be able to help.

Pin It on Pinterest