Defective Products Claims
In Florida, we enjoy an active and broad marketplace filled with all types of stores which sell millions of consumer products. Many of these products work safely and effectively as they are designed and intended to do so. However, with the large volume of consumer goods comes the risk that some are defective or unreasonably dangerous.
Some products have design defects that render them dangerous to consumers. Others are manufactured defectively such that they cause harm to the consumer upon use. In any event, the businesses and/or individuals which design, manufacture or otherwise make such products available to the public often fail to adequately warn the public of the dangers with such products. Sadly, these acts or omissions contribute to deaths and injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of a defective or dangerous product, call The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke today at 305-669-0281 for help. Our attorneys will provide a free consultation to you to evaluate your claim.
Dangerous or defective products are frequently recalled. If you have any concerns about a certain product, call our office or conduct your own research.
Checking for Recalled Products
Recalls.gov provides information regarding U.S. Government recalls. You can also check the following sites regarding recalls.
- cpsc.gov – Consumer Product Safety Commission
- safercar.gov – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- uscg.mil – United States Coast Guard (U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
- fda.gov – U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- usda.gov – United States Department of Agriculture
- epa.gov – United States Environmental Protection Agency
How The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke can Help You with Your Defective Product Claim
Once you retain us to serve as your attorneys for your defective product claim, we will seek to obtain compensation for your losses, which may include:
- past and future medical expenses related to the injuries you sustained due to the defective product; and
- past and future lost wages; and
- past and future pain and suffering from the injuries you sustained from the defective product; and
- cost to reimburse you for your property damages sustained (if any) from the defective product.
What to do After Being Injured by a Dangerous or Defective Product
Perhaps the most important thing to do after being injured by a dangerous or defective product is to preserve the product. That will be one of the key pieces of evidence and it will likely need to be inspected and otherwise evaluated by various experts. In any event, keep the following in mind after an incident occurs relating to a dangerous or defective product.
- Keep the product.
- Take photographs of the product.
- Locate and preserve your receipts for your purchase of the product.
- Document all of your injuries.
- Take photographs of your injuries.
- Compile and preserve your medical bills and other out of pocket expenses.
In doing so, we will explore all potential parties who may be liable for your damages, including manufacturers, distributors, retailers, etc.
We will fully investigate and otherwise work on your claim by doing the following:
- Obtaining all accident and incident reports.
- Inspecting the product and site of the accident.
- Identifying and taking statements of the witnesses.
- Securing and seeking to preserve any evidence that may be destroyed or lost (including the product).
- Collecting any and all photographs of the product, scene of the accident, damages and injuries.
- Working closely with various experts or consultants.
- Speaking or otherwise negotiating with representatives from at fault individuals or companies.
- Obtaining all of your medical records and bills.
- Preparing and sending a demand to the at-fault party.
- Attempting to settle your defective product claim on favorable terms.
- If necessary, filing a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
We may also seek opinions from consultants and/or experts regarding:
- How the accident occurred, what caused the accident, why did the product fail or cause harm to you, etc. Various types of experts typically provide opinions regarding these issues.
- Your medical issues, including the injuries you sustained, the severity of your injuries, whether your medical care after the accident was reasonable and necessary, what type of medical care you will need in the future, etc. Various types of doctors (including, but not limited to physiatrists, orthopedic surgeons, plastic surgeons, brain doctors, etc.) typically provide opinions regarding these issues.
- Issues related to your lost wages and ability to work in the future, and in what capacity. Vocational rehabilitation experts typically provide opinions regarding these issues.
- Issues related to quantification of your damages. Economists typically provide opinions regarding these issues.
Each case is different, however, and other experts or consultants may be needed.
If you happen to be married at the time of the accident and your spouse’s relationship has been affected by your injuries, we can represent your spouse too. In that case, we would seek to get compensation for your spouse for his or her loss of love, affection, services, etc. due to the accident.
Have You Been Injured by a Dangerous or Defective Product?
Call The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke today for a free consultation regarding your injuries. If you are injured and unable to come to our office, we will come to see you.
Other Legal Matters Handled by The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke
In addition to defective product claims, The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke handles other legal matters including: personal injury matters (including, but not limited to, truck crash claims, automobile accident claims, motorcycle wreck claims, boating collision claims, claims against cruise lines, premises liability claims, slip and fall accident claims, negligent security claims, and dog bite claims), property insurance claims – both residential and commercial – and inception claims, and supplemental and re-open claims (including, but not limited, broken pipe claims, fire claims, flood claims, hail claims, hurricane claims, mold claims, roof leak claims, sinkhole claims, storm claims, tornado claims, vandalism and theft claims, water claims, wind claims, loss of business income claims, and extra expense claims), bad faith insurance claims, property damage claims, collection matters, criminal defense matters, traffic offenses (including speeding tickets), claims against insurance brokers and/or agents, medical malpractice claims, nursing home claims and elderly abuse claims, and matters involving contract disputes. We also assist clients with reviewing and drafting contracts. If your legal issue or matter is not listed above, please contact us. We may be able to help.