Car accidents are tragic, life-changing events that can occur at any time. There are various causes of car accidents: drugs, alcohol, reckless driving, brake failure, and the likes. That’s why people should avoid driving recklessly, drinking before driving, or making calls while driving. Certain medications are not advisable to take if you want to drive. These prescription medications have side effects that cause accidents and are among the significant causes of Florida car accidents. Have you been involved in an accident caused by a driver on prescription drugs? If so, you need the services of a lawyer, and The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke have got you covered on all compensation lawsuits involving accidents resulting from medication. We are concerned about your life after the Miami car accident, and we’re here to help you lead an everyday life and get compensated.
How Can A Lawyer Help After A Florida Car Accident?
Sometimes, car accident victims try to do insurance claims without a lawyer, making them their lawyers when they run out of options. However, when you work with a lawyer from the onset, you get some vital advantages while claiming compensation.
- A lawyer helps identify the fault of the driver and argue it. Most times, insurance companies may insist that the accident is not the driver’s fault but yours or other claims. If not handled well, this may affect the compensation you’ll receive for the accident. A good lawyer helps prove the fault and increase compensation.
- A lawyer makes the process more comfortable, and you get your deserved compensation quickly.
- It protects you from heeding to inadequate offers for settlement. Some insurance companies may want to give you low offers, but a lawyer prevents you from taking such and increasing the amount.
- An attorney helps manage your public activities and social media accounts after the accident to prevent any evidence hindering your claims.
- A lawyer interacts with the insurance company. Your lawyer should approve all your statements to prevent misunderstandings.
With a good lawyer, the legal aftermath following your Miami car accident won’t be an issue.
What Are The Side Effects Of Prescription Medication?
Prescription medications have various side effects; some are a potential danger to drivers while others are not. Some of the effects of prescription medications on drivers include:
- Dizziness: When individuals are dizzy, they may struggle to walk, and worse, coordinate traffic. Dizziness can also cause impaired vision, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Drowsiness: Some people fall asleep while driving, causing the car to move out of its path while in motion. With the slightest second of distraction, the driver puts pedestrians and other motorists in harm’s way.
- Nausea: Nausea can distract an individual while driving and may cause an accident.
- Blurred vision: Certain medications can affect vision temporarily, causing the driver not to see people and objects well.
- Other effects include slow reaction times, impaired cognitive function, amongst others. These medications vary from one person to another.
What Does The Law Say About Prescription Medications?
Drivers get prescriptions from doctors to take medications before driving. Does this guarantee driving under the influence of these drugs even if they are from a significant pharmacy? The truth is that it does not. Prescription medications are the major causes of Miami car accidents; thus, some laws guarantee accountability of a driver if accidents happen as a result of the side effects. Drivers are to exercise after getting prescriptions before driving. A 48-hour wait is necessary to take a new drug before driving. The side effects of the medication should wear off by then. The law focuses on the effects of these medications. A driver faces civil liability if impaired as a result of prescription medication.
Are you a victim of a Florida car accident as a result of prescription medications? You need not worry as The Law Offices of Donald M. Kreke will cover your legal concerns and get you the compensation you rightly deserve. Call us today to set up a meeting at our Miami office. Your solution is just a call away.